Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Yes, we actually were still able to celebrate Halloween over here!! I was very sad and nervous that we weren't going to get to since I had heard that Halloween wasn't celebrated over here and was a "silly American holiday". So I did a little research to find that it's not very big nor really celebrated, but people do do it. Someone in Grace's class lives in the neighborhood across the street from us and she told me that some people participate on their street, so we should come up. That's all I needed to hear! I quickly got the kids to agree on Fred and Wilma Flintstone (because I could find costumes online that could be shipped quickly to us) and we were set! We also had to find some trick or treat bags, as we had left theirs back in Minnesota in storage, thinking we wouldn't be able to use them! Halloween is considered only scary here - not how in America a lot of us don't dress our kids up in scary costumes. They got comments like "well you're not very scary?!" or "those are actually really cute costumes!"....sigh.....I get now why they don't like Halloween - I probably wouldn't celebrate it if I was an Australian either!!

Yabba dabba do!!
singing and dancing Wilma
This is a planned pose of Fred pretending to fall (because he always trips) and Wilma posing! This was all Grace's doing - I love it!
Fred and Wilma Flintstone

No comments: