Saturday, March 10, 2012

Koalas!

As we're driving, we come around a corner and see a couple cars on the side of the road and people looking out into the bush. Immediately I start yelling at Josh to pull over because I'm SURE there's some kind of wild animal they see! Sure enough, there were 3 wild koalas sitting up in some gum trees, eating!! I was FREAKING out!! Two older ones and a baby. Koalas have now officially become my FAVORITE animal and I simply can't get enough of them! We've of course seen them in Featherdale, the zoos, etc. many times, but seeing them in the wild is just so amazing! I'm SO GLAD someone before us saw them because we would've driven right by!A close up of the baby - fortunately my camera has amazing zoom capabilities!

One of the older ones
You can see two in this picture
This is what it looked like when we pulled up. That's how far away we were - we would've NEVER seen them! You had to really look to find them at first. I zoomed way in for the other pictures. They seem to have eaten a lot of leaves off of these gum trees!!

No comments: