Monday, October 22, 2012

Boat to Malolo Island

We had about an hour or so before we left the main land, so we had some lunch and then we were off!  

 The boat ride was about 45 minutes to Malolo Island
There's the airport....see you in a week!

 No - this is not where we stayed!  But isn't it gorgeous?!!!  This resort (Liku Liku) is on the same island as ours, but around the other side.  It's adults only and quite pricey, so not so family friendly! ;)  Maybe someday.......
 Yes - this is where we stayed!!!!  Our boat had to make several different stops to different islands and I didn't realize ours was first.  We were all just enjoying the ride when Josh said this was our stop!  I just looked at him and started tearing up!!  I  couldn't believe THIS was where we were staying - it took my breath away!!  I was speechless!!  It was absolutely gorgeous!
 So I have to explain how we actually got to the island - it was so hilarious and new to me!  The boat we were on was too big, so it couldn't go all the way up to the dock.  So they have these little boats that come and get your luggage and the next time you see it it's in your Bure (house)!!  I took a picture of them taking our luggage (yes, that's actually our suitcase) out of the big boat and putting it in the little one.  This is also when they get supplies from the main island, more sheets, towels, etc. and exchange for the dirty ones!  Fascinating!!

 Then we had to step onto a smaller boat as well to get to the dock.
 There goes our luggage.....I hope we see it again!! Ha! ;)
 Here we are on our boat coming up to the Malolo dock.

Oh, did I mention they are singing to you as you arrive??  Heaven....I was in Heaven!!!  Welcome to paradise!!!

No comments: