Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Happy 8th Birthday, Grace!!

April 13, 2012, our little Grace turned 8!!!!  I can't believe she's 8 already - STRESS!!  She's growing up WAY too fast on us!  She's an amazing, beautiful, smart, caring, kind, sweet girl who loves Jesus with all her heart!  What more could a mom and dad ask for?!  We're so proud of her and can't wait to see what God has in store for her life.  A tradition that we do for our kid's birthdays is put streamers (in the colors of their birthday theme) on the kitchen table and set their presents from us at their spot, so it's special for them when they wake up on their birthday.  This year, Grace had an art party with a rainbow theme.  So fun to see their faces when they come down for breakfast!

 We also let them choose whatever they want to eat for their birthday dinner.  If they want me to make something or go out to a favorite restaurant, it's up to them.  Grace, of course, chose Outback Steakhouse!!!  Ha!!  Yes, they actually have one here in Australia (which I thought was quite ironic and hilarious) and our kids LOVE it!!  How hilarious is THAT??!!  Of all the places....what can I say? They love the ribs! :)
 After that, we came home and she opened her presents.  Legos were her "big" gift this year - she's really into the "Friends" sets.
 inspecting the gifts while wearing two more of her gifts
 A great day for our birthday girl - party pics to come!
 Her party with her friends was on a different day, so I took some pre-pictures of her cake.  It wasn't a hard cake to do, but took FOREVER to make!  I made all the different colors of the rainbow for each layer and then frosted them together.  It was a homemade buttercream frosting and tasted delicious!  I can't say it enough, but I have the HIGHEST amount of respect for those who have their own cake business!!  WOW!  It would NOT be worth all the money in the world for me to do this.  My kids are lucky they get this once a year....still more than willing to hire it done, though!  Not my forte! ;)

 The almost finished product - frosted, but the final product is yet to come....
I also made her rainbow jello - again, not hard, just LOTS of planning ahead!  You have to let each layer set before pouring the next one on.  I had to count HOURS back, to make sure it would be done in time for the party! ;)

No comments: