Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Sydney Laser Light Show

Well, after a very LOOONG hiatus....I'm trying to get back into my blog again!  Unfortunately, those of you reading this, may like to hear/see more about our Vietnam trip which we just returned from.  However, I am a WHOLE YEAR behind on this blog/journal so instead you're going to hear about the Sydney laser light show we went to almost EXACTLY a year ago!!!!  Maybe I'll catch up one day......

We went into the city with some friends last May where the annual Sydney Laser Light Show was being held.  I think it runs for about a week or so, but artists have interactive light exhibits that they have been working on all over the city for the public to view.  It was a really fun night out and fun to see this beautiful city all lit up with so many cool and different lights, and how they used them.


 the gang
 You peddled a bike and the energy you created made a movie that you could watch!  Once you stopped peddling, the movie stopped - kids thought it was really cool!

 Giant chandelier on the harbour
 cool lights to walk through

 In a light igloo made out of recycled materials
 Of course they have amazing colors, pictures, etc. constantly being projected onto the Opera House.  It was really cool!


This building is by the train station and normally just a solid gray.  All the colors and pictures you see are lights.  (Erin: this is the building the four of us had dinner together on your last night!)

2 comments:

Simple Purposeful Living said...

I was just going to say that is the building we ate at...ha! What a neat experience.....so cool to see in person I bet? Are you going again? And yay for updating the blog!

The Malin's said...

Ha!!! Were you DYING when you saw that I had posted something?! I kind of was myself! Yes, we are actually going again on June 1. How ironic that I'm just now blogging about last years!! Geez....