Monday, August 5, 2013

Lance turns 5!!!!

Yes, I know Lance just turned 6, but we ARE officially 1 year behind on the blog!! For the one or two of you actually "following" us, we apologize, but it is now like an Australian "scrapbook" for me that I just need to complete during the time of our adventure of living here!  Ha!  Anyway, I just want to be able to have a complete record in the end.
So, Lance (last year) had a Lego/soccer birthday party!!  We had it at a park (oval) where one of the coaches from his KickStart soccer program came and played games with the kids.  He did an awesome job and the kids all had a blast!  We completed the day with some cake and snacks, then everyone headed home.  It was a fun party!

 invitations
 my horrible attempt at making Lego men cake pops - NOT my thing!  I will say, at least they tasted good!!
 goody bags we sent home with the guests


 Lance with his Lego cake

 playing games


 great coach!

 We have a tradition of decorating the kitchen table on the day of the kid's birthdays.  It's a fun way for them to wake up on their special day!!  I love it!
 opening presents
 Lance, of course, chose Outback Steakhouse for his birthday dinner - ha!  We invited our awesome babysitter, Sarah, to join us for the celebration.  Whew!  What a great birthday!

No comments: